Thursday, August 6, 2009

Yummy White Bread Rolls

Today I am making white bread rolls. I usually make this once a week. I make the rolls thin so that they can be toasted in the toaster for sandwiches or just toast. This time Josh requested that I also make some buns for hot dogs and here's how they turned out.


Here's the recipe I used. I often switch up the recipe. This time for instance I was out of milk so I used one without it. I got the recipe from the Pillsbury Complete Cookbook that we got for our wedding over nine years ago. I have adapted the recipe and here it is.

Ingredients:
5-6 cups flour
3 tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons salt
2 pkg yeast
1/4 cup oil

Instructions:
In a large bowl combine 2 cups flour, sugar, salt, yeast. In a small bowl combine water and oil. Heat in the microwave for 3 minutes on high. Add warm liquid to flour mixture and mix with a mixer for about 3 minutes. Stir in 2 1/2 to 3 cups of flour until dough starts to pull form sides of bowl. On a floured surface knead 1/2 to 1 cup of flour until dough is smooth and elastic. Place dough in a greased bowl and cover with a towel to rise for about 45 to 60 minutes in a warm place.

After the rise, punch dough down. Divide dough in half until you get 16 little balls. To make round rolls roll them in a little flour and flatten into 4 inch circles. To make buns roll them in a little flour and roll out into 6 inch long buns and flatten. Place rolls on an ungreased baking sheet and let rise about 15 minutes.

Bake for about 15 minutes in a 400 degree oven. Remove from pan immediately and place on cooling rack.


No comments:

Post a Comment